Free speech on campus protected: Midwifery student suspended over pro-life views has suspension lifted and allegations dismissed
A midwifery student was forced to suspend her studies after facing a fitness to practise investigation over her involvement with a pro-life society.
Julia Rynkiewicz, a final year midwifery student at the University of Nottingham, was subject to an almost 4-month long investigation after concerns were raised about her involvement with the ‘Nottingham Students for Life’ society.
Rynkiewicz was immediately suspended by the University pending the outcome of the investigation which was ultimately dismissed by a Fitness to Practise Committee on 13 January.
However, her suspension meant that she was unable to complete required assessments in time and has led to her being forced to delay her studies.
Rynkiewicz, who was supported by ADF International during the investigation, has now lodged a complaint with the University and is considering her options. Her case was reported in the Telegraph.
- We ‘have to kill Christians’: Persecution of Christians
– Gatestone Institute
- Algeria: Order issued to close church building, Christian leaders say
– Morning Star News
- North Korean Christian martyr: ‘Even if I die, I do not have any regrets’
– Daily Signal
- Egypt: Detention of Coptic activist extended by 15 days
– Christian Solidarity Worldwide
- Religious persecution a growing global problem
– Sydney Morning Herald
Marriage & Family
- South Korea’s emerging feminists reject marriage and motherhood
- UK: Transgender clinic is ‘silencing debate’ critics say after book removed from library
- UK: University cancelled seminar by feminist speaker following threats of protest from transgender activists
Sanctity of Life
- Unborn babies can feel pain before the 24-week abortion limit, scientists say
- Lobbyists fight to control the media’s language on abortion
– Times (£)
- Inside Europe: The abortion debate in Greece
- US: Pro-life groups readying massive grassroots efforts ahead of 2020 elections
– Fox News
- Canada poised to expand euthanasia
– One News Now