COVID-19 in Chile: Will all religious gatherings be banned?
In Chile, a lawsuit was filed by a council member from the city of Chiguayante, calling for the ban of all religious gatherings in the region of Bio-Bio – one of the most populous in the country – during the coronavirus state of emergency.
ADF International has filed a friend-of-the-court brief outlining Chile’s obligations under international human rights treaties and its national constitution. It is urging the court to uphold the right to freedom of religion and worship and not to allow for discrimination against religious believers.
- Eritrea: Protest against repression of religious freedom goes online
– Christian Solidarity Worldwide
- Amazon’s board endorses viewpoint discrimination against conservative and Christian organisations
– National Center for Public Policy Research
- Muslim father in Uganda burns daughter for reportedly converting to Christianity
- The real virus to the Chinese Communist Party: religious freedom
– The Hill
Marriage & Family
- Northern Ireland Secretary under pressure to allow same-sex religious marriages and civil partnership conversions
– Irish Legal News
- Lawyers for gay homeowner call for his husband to be given equal treatment under Hong Kong’s inheritance laws
– South China Morning Post
- YouTube influencer draws backlash for ‘rehoming’ her autistic four-year-old son three years after adopting him from China
Sanctity of Life
- Mexican state rejects abortion-on-demand proposals, while another adopts pro-life legislation
– Right To Life UK
- US: Planned Parenthood officials admit under oath to selling aborted body parts
– Live Action News
- US medical groups ask FDA to ease access to abortion pill during the pandemic