Great debate: Christianity in the public square?
How can Christianity contribute to the 21st-century public square? On Friday, a panel of experts debated the role of Christianity in pressing contemporary issues.
Paul Coleman, Executive Director of ADF International, discussed the criminalization of ‘hate speech’ and the threat this poses to freedom of speech in society.
- China fines church for owning ‘wrong’ version of the Bible
– Fox News
- 43 cases of persecution against Pakistani Christians in three months
– International Christian Concern
- Faith in the balance
– Center for Strategic & International Studies
- US: Colorado is censoring this web designer. So, she took action.
– Alliance Defending Freedom
Marriage & Family
- US: Texas father says 7-year-old isn’t transgender, igniting a politicized outcry
– NY Times
- South Africa: Home Affairs drafts new non-discriminatory marriage laws for ‘equality’
– The South African
- Taiwan: Tens of thousands take to the streets as country holds first Pride parade since legalising same-sex marriage
– Asia News
- Chicken chain feels heat over foundation’s anti-LGBT cash
– Times (£)
Sanctity of Life
- New Zealand: Abortion providers say women should have final decision, not GPs
- Ireland: ‘Conscientious objections’ delaying roll-out of abortion services
– Irish Times
- World Medical Association reaffirms opposition to euthanasia and assisted suicide
- Christians, Muslims, Jews unite against assisted suicide
– Associated Press
- Canadian bishops sound alarm after judge strikes down euthanasia restrictions
– Live Action News