Apply for this role
Everyone says they want to change the world. We're looking for people who actually will.
ADF International is a faith-based legal advocacy organization that protects fundamental freedoms and promotes the inherent dignity of all people. Please visit our career site to view our Statement of Faith and Doctrinal Distinctives.
ADF International is looking for a highly professional Accountant to join us in our Vienna office. As an Accountant, you are a vital part of ADF International. In this role, you will manage all financial transactions, from fixed payments and variable expenses to bank deposits for Europe in close cooperation with the Director of Operations Europe and the central accounting department.
In this position, you will:
- Manage all accounting transactions in Europe
- Maintain and review expense sheets for preparatory bookkeeping purposes
- Reconcile accounts payable
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual closings
- Execute payroll for European offices in 5 different countries
- Ensure all financial records are complete and accurate in accordance with organizational and local financial regulations.
- Act as a point of contact between ADF International offices and Alliance Defending Freedom Accounting and serve as a liaison between ADFI and external accounting partners.
- Assist with tax preparation, audits, and identifying and resolving any accounting discrepancies.
- Implement and enforce financial and inventory protocols.
- Prepare financial paperwork and financial reports.
- Provide support in implementing and improving financial processes at ADF International.
Other Responsibilities (Non-Essential):
- You will be asked to perform related duties or special projects as assigned
Skills You Need to Succeed:
- High degree of precision.
- Experience in bookkeeping, management, or relevant field may be required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, time management, problem-solving, and math skills.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and financial reporting and legislation.
- Proficiency with computer applications.
- High level of accountability, accuracy, and efficiency.
- High degree of discretion with sensitive and confidential information.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business required.
- Requires 3 years of experience in related job.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Strong computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong business professional English language skills.
Work permit for Austria or EU citizenship required.
Apply for this role