Apply for this role
Everyone says they want to change the world. We're looking for people who actually will.
ADF International is a faith-based legal advocacy organization that protects fundamental freedoms and promotes the inherent dignity of all people. Please visit our career site to view our Statement of Faith and Doctrinal Distinctives.
ADF International is looking for a highly efficient Communications Officer to join us in our Vienna office. As a Communications Officer you are a vital part of the International team tasked with helping us win our cases in the court of public opinion. In this role, you will report to the Director of Media Communications and are responsible for successfully communicating our mission to a broad audience that includes likeminded and mainstream media and thought leaders and public intellectuals, as well as our growing network of allies, with a focus on the media world. You will manage, write, edit, and distribute written, audio, and visual communications digitally and in print, with a particular focus on the German speaking world. This includes writing press releases, op-eds and full feature articles which advance our advocacy priorities, and performing a public speaking and spokesperson role where opportunities allow.
While this role is initially a maternity cover (12 months, fixed term) position, there is a permanent role available for the right candidate at the conclusion of the fixed term which would be agreed by separate written agreement before the conclusion of the fixed term.
Your Essential Responsibilities:
In this position, you will:
- Participate in the ideation and creative meetings and assist in identifying and developing innovative ideas to advance our advocacy objectives.
- Work as part of the advocacy team to agree and execute media communications priorities and develop messaging to achieve the broadest and most impactful coverage possible.
- Produce press releases, commentaries, opinion pieces, story boards and news stories.
- Develop relationships with journalists, writers and key-influencers to help secure placements for content related to our issues across all media channels.
- Organize alliance-building events with a media focus
- For assigned regions and advocacy matters, oversee the production of assets including written copy, photography and videography that tell the story of our work.
- Work collaboratively with the development team to maximise opportunities to use content across multiple channels
- Work with your team leader to ensure all vendors work to deliver the communications product according to strategy, brand corridor, and highest excellence possible.
- Reinforce general creative direction, consistent tone, voice and adherence to the lexicon and brand platform throughout all communications.
- Review and edit copy for all media channels and ensure that the content meets our standard of excellence and aligns with our brand and lexicon.
- Support and drive necessary editing of the writing of other team members.
- You will be asked to perform related duties or special projects as assigned.
Skills You Need to Succeed:
- Communications strategies and tools in the context of public advocacy work
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- WordPress (beneficial)
- Media communications software like Cision (beneficial)
- CRM software like Salesforce (beneficial)
Demonstrated proficiency in:
- Strong writing skills in English and German (journalistic style). Any additional languages are advantageous.
- Managing complex and time sensitive projects with high attention to detail
- Building and working with a network of journalists and other media professionals
- Work, motivate, and initiate within a team and independently
- Create content for campaigns of varying size and complexity under deadline.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in communications or similar subject preferred
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience.
Work permit for Austria or EU citizenship required.
Apply for this role