Apply for this role
Everyone says they want to change the world. We're looking for people who actually will.
ADF International is a faith-based legal advocacy organization that protects fundamental freedoms and promotes the inherent dignity of all people. Please visit our career site to view our Statement of Faith and Doctrinal Distinctives.
ADF International is looking for a highly organized Event Coordinator to join us in our Vienna, Austria office. As the Event Coordinator, you are a vital part of the Event Team. In this role, you will report to the Sr. Event Coordinator and are responsible for coordinating international events, training sessions, and meetings associated with ADF International. Coordinating all aspects of developing, planning, and executing events, both locally and internationally. Responsible for creating high-quality, positive experiences for attendees that may involve donors, potential donors, allied organizations/attorneys, political office holders, church hierarchy, nobility, and other guests. The position requires familiarity with appropriate protocols and titles in written and oral communication. The exceptional results of events support the objectives of the organization.
Your Essential Responsibilities:
- Act as an initial point of contact for the event host: gather all pertaining information and offer suggestions/recommendations to ensure requests can be met.
- Coordinate the selection of venue alongside the Sr. Event Coordinator. Responsibilities include research, site visits, and finding resources to help decisions about event possibilities.
- Work with Sr. Event Coordinator to review and negotiate space contracts for the COO and Legal Team review for major events.
- Book event space and arrange food and beverages, order supplies, make travel arrangements, and ensure appropriate décor to meet the quality expectations of ADF International.
- Create and maintain CVENT event management. Responsibilities include coordinating invitation designs and following through with the registration setup process.
- Handle travel logistics for guests.
- Communicate event Audio Visual needs to the A/V production manager and work as a team to ensure minimal technical difficulties.
- Anticipate needs for both the attendee and event logistics.
- Serve as liaison with vendors and all ADF International teams involved in event-related matters.
- Work with the Event Host and Sr. Event Coordinator to stay within the event budget.
- Travel to the event site to execute an exceptional event.
- Provide high-quality of customer service and find solutions to any problems that arise concerning services or programs provided.
- Develop and apply new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Manage and maintain event supplies and space at the office of ADF International in Vienna .
- Monitor travel alerts.
- You may be asked to perform related duties or special projects as assigned within the general scope of the position.
Skills You Need to Succeed:
Demonstrated proficiency in:
- Microsoft Office software: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proofreading skills, and speaking.
- Familiarity with international settings and intercultural competence.
- Strong project management skills - Ability to manage multiple event assignments from a variety of team members during a calendar year.
- Excellent interpersonal skills- high-level professionalism with a variety of individuals such as donors, guests, attorneys, team members, and vendors; strong networking skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent planning skills to determine the flow of events and anticipate needs such as staffing.
- Diligent research skills.
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- Review and understand contracts with hotel and conference locations.
- Take leadership in discussing, planning, strategizing, and coordinating events with little supervision.
- Travel as needed, including regular international and intercontinental travel.
Education and/or Experience:
- 3+ years of event/conference coordinating experience desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; significant work experience can substitute for the degree.
- Work permit for Austria or EU citizenship required
Apply for this role